We’re shining the spotlight on some of the amazing people that help make our Seacrest Studios around the country so special.
MEET CHANCE AND PAULA!We are so lucky to have Chance and Paula running Seacrest Studios at Children's Medical Center Dallas. Their dedication to the patients and studio is inspiring and they make every day so much fun! Learn a little more about Chance and Paula in their own words:
- How long you have worked at Seacrest Studios: Five years. Wow, that’s gone by fast!
- Favorite thing (game/activity, etc.) you do in studio: Our spring and fall concert series gives local musicians a chance to perform at the hospital. There is great live music, prize raffles, bubble machine and popcorn. It's so much fun!
- Most memorable studio guest (and why): It’s hard to choose one, but I have a great memory of Chris Martin’s visit. One of our patients played piano and sang a Coldplay song for him. Chris was genuinely caught up in the song, and halfway through it, he started to sing along. It was a great moment, and we were also able to send the patient and his family to the concert that night!
- Special hidden talent (if you have one): It’s not really hidden, but in my free time I enjoy training for triathlons and compete in Ironman races.
- How long you have worked at Seacrest Studios: I’ve worked at Seacrest Studios for three years and I’m loving every minute of it.
- Favorite thing (game/activity, etc.) you do in studio: I love the games we play in studio. Hosting Bingo brings out another level of my silly side and delivering prizes to our winners’ hospital rooms is so rewarding. I love to see the kids light up with excitement!
- Most memorable studio guest (and why): My favorite thing about the Seacrest Studios is seeing the transformation within the kids. They walk in as hospital patients a little shy and next thing you know we’re all dancing the Whip and Nae Nae and laughing. It’s rewarding to see them have a little fun and joy during their hospital stay.
- Special hidden talent (if you have one): Not so hidden and definitely not a talent, but before working here I didn’t know I would dance so much at work. I enjoy doing my crazy dance moves just to make a kid (or their parent) smile!