Reports To: COO/Executive Director and VP, Business Development & Operations
Job Summary: The Director of Development will play a crucial role in securing the necessary resources to support our mission of creating broadcast media centers, Seacrest Studios, within pediatric hospitals for patients to explore the creative realms of radio, television, and digital media. RSF’s aim is to contribute positively to the healing process for children and their families during their stay by developing these centers to bring an uplifting spirit to the hospital community.
This role will be responsible for implementing a comprehensive fundraising and development strategy, forging key partnerships, and cultivating a network of supporters to drive sustainable growth and impact. This role requires a strategic thinker with exceptional communication and relationship-building skills, a passion for our cause, and a demonstrated history of successful fundraising.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
Fundraising Strategy and Execution:
- Develop and execute a comprehensive fundraising plan to meet the organization's financial needs and support its growth objectives.
- Identify and pursue diverse fundraising channels, including major gifts, corporate partnerships, individual donations, grants, and planned giving programs.
- Conduct ongoing prospect research to identify new funding opportunities and maintain a robust pipeline of potential donors.
- Partner with Executive Director & VP, Business Development & Operations to conduct annual review and assessment of corporate partnerships program.
- Hold lead role in the planning and execution of fundraising events: i.e., performing advance research of attendees and understanding all details of each program to ensure events run smoothly and efficiently.
Growth Strategy and Execution:
- Partner with senior leadership to set and achieve ambitious fundraising goals, to sustain and continue the growth our organization has seen over the past few years.
- Stay abreast of new and best practices regarding donor engagement, acquisition and retention, nonprofit marketing, and advertising.
Major Gifts and Donor Cultivation:
- Cultivate and steward relationships with major donors, foundations, corporations, and other potential sources of significant funding. Developing funding proposals and structuring complex gifts / multi-year gifts from $10,000 and above.
- Implement donor stewardship initiatives, ensuring timely acknowledgment, recognition, and ongoing communication with individual donors.
- Manage and improve the utilization of our donor database, tracking donor interactions and engagement levels. Ensuring the timely capture and recording of data relating to the assigned prospect pool maintaining accurate and thorough records in CRM.
Budgeting and Reporting:
- Work closely with senior leadership to establish and monitor development-related budgets.
- Provide regular reports and updates on fundraising progress to the senior leadership.
Grant Writing and Management:
- Research & lead the development and submission of grant proposals, ensuring compliance with all grant requirements and deadlines.
- Track and report on grant outcomes and impact to donors and funding agencies.
- Minimum 5-8 years of development and fundraising experience.
- This position will be based full time out of the Nashville, TN office.
- Proven history of donor and portfolio growth, with gifts in the six figures.
- Ability to maintain donor files and securely manage confidential donor information.
- Deep understanding of the non-profit sector.
- Experience working in the entertainment field and with celebrity donors.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically, problem solve and manage multiple tasks concurrently in a demanding environment.
- Effective communication skills that will attract new supporters to invest in RSF’s mission.
- Ability to work collaboratively with others in a collaborative work environment and manage conflict with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to travel throughout the U.S. and work a flexible schedule, with occasional evening and weekend engagement.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A high degree of computer literacy and donor research skills.
- Experience working with Salesforce or similar CRMs.
The Ryan Seacrest Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply: Please send resume and cover letter to [email protected]